Friday 25 May 2012

In Your Memories


In your memories...

It’s been a month, you left me behind.
It’s been a month, you went out of my life.
It’s been a month, I am waiting for your come back.
It’s been a month, I am searching for you.
It’s been a month, I am still in your memories.

 I can remember it was March 7th, 2012.

5.25 PM: I was busy in work. I received a message from my mom. Actually it was a remainder for me to wish my brother who was appearing for his board exams in two days.

5.27 PM: I set an alarm for the next day and  was back to work.

5.30 PM: I got a call from my friend for coffee.

5.35 PM: I was sitting comfortably in a table, sipping the coffee alone, since my friend got some urgent work.

5.37 PM: One of my colleagues was showing her presentation for the next day’s workshop and I moved to her place to have a better look of it with my coffee. And I got observed into it.

5.45 PM: I was back to my work place and engaged with it.

6.00 PM:  I received a message in LAN that we were supposed to leave earlier at that day because of some technical issues.

6.10 PM: I finished some of the pending works for the day and almost everyone has already left. 

6.12 PM: I packed and was about to leave. At that instant only, I was shocked to realize my mobile is missing.

6.13 PM: I called to my number and in turn, I received a recorded voice message as “the number you are dialing is currently switched off”. Oh my God… Dialed once again. Same recorded voices. Once again and same response. 

6.15 PM: I rushed to cafeteria, to my friend’s cabin, to the table where I had coffee. Ran here and there like a mad. Totally dumbstruck. And finally I came to know I lost my mobile.

I inquired each and everyone. I doubted people whom I thought they might have done it. My first attempt to locate it was a failure, since it might develop bad relationships.  I rushed to police station to make a complaint. They told me they will make a thorough check in my office before proceeding further which was impossible. As any organization they did not allow such things, my second attempt was also a failure. I went to my service provider to track IMEA number. But they need a complaint copy from police station to do so. So my next attempt was also a failure. I registered in mobile tracking websites, though it will not work. But with little hope I did that too. I mourned, starved, prayed, grieved, regretted, worried, and cursed. I did each and every possible which I could do. But everything went in vain. Though I was very sure that I could not get it back, I was expecting someone will return it back or else I will find it lying somewhere. But it did not happen.

People wondered why should I put this much effort and worried about it, after all it is a simple mobile phone. It was not an apple, not a blackberry, not a HTC, not a super duper smart phone and not even a basic touch modeled one. True. But it was the one with all my expectations satisfied within.

It was not a device to connect with others, but also
My clock and alarm.
My camera.
My music player.
My internet browser.
My diary and calendar.
My calculator.
My dictionary.
Sometimes, my mirror too.

I am not a person who is holding mobile phone all the times and used to do texting and talking and addicted to it.  But it is one which accepts my happiness and angriness silently. There are times in which I giggled and laughed at it during some happy moments. And there are times too in which I threw it madly because of anger or frustrations. There are times in which I cleaned it with a cloth. And there are times too in which it shattered into its parts. You were a good companion always. That is why I am not able to swallow your loss.
Good things happened too. 

It is my habit to listen to music when I am getting ready, even others are sleeping. It did not happen. I was able to see happily sleeping people in my room.

I was not making funny expressions and quirky voices while playing games during my travel time. Because of this, sometimes people thought me as a mad person.

I was able to find people who are ready to take part in my bad times and people who are interested to listen the stories alone. 

I really got to experience every cloud has a silver lining.

It is for good or bad. But you are no more mine. Well. Now, its the time to get over you and search for another one who may be a perfect substitute or more than that or else not able to match you. 

Still in your memories………….






15 comments:

  1. Very Lucky Mobile,that it got a sweet owner like u to write memories........

    ReplyDelete
  2. Abi, I know how much u loved that mobile... Well written .

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good One...Nice to read!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. One word : WOW...
    Seriously this one was real nice, and I believe you could send it to some weekly magazines to publish it, you can translate it to Tamil if needed, you started it so well, as if you are gonna say about your Love relationship and well in the middle you mentioned how all your Phone has been to you and finally a conclusion rather a truth in life to move on... Simply mind blowing Abarna, its the best of your blogs so far, keep going :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Actually i thought that thing as some other thing :)
    great narration

    ReplyDelete
  7. simply superb. Great flow and narration... Do you got the best replacement?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks nellai... i got the replacement... but not the best...:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well written Abi. I was near you on that day when u lost ur mobile. Even i thought that y this girl is feeling this much for missing a mobile. But now i can understand..

    Good flow.. Simply superb..

    ReplyDelete